Navigation auf


Department of Communication and Media Research


If you have decided that you want to organize your own study place at a university outside of Switzerland, please take note of the following:

  • Find out about any scholarships or study places in the country you have chosen.
  • The admissions office at the respective university can provide you with information about the study fees and conditions of admission.
  • Let your study achievements abroad be credited at the University of Zurich – enroll as normal. You will continue to pay the semester fees at the University of Zurich.
  • If you want to have achievements gained in Mass Communication and Media Research, get in touch with the study advisor at IKMZ beforehand.

Holiday leave

If you do not gain any study achievements while abroad, you can be enrolled for the semester and take it as holiday leave under the status “self-organized mobility”. In this case you will not be invoiced by the University of Zurich for the semester fees. Instead, you will receive confirmation that you are still enrolled at the University of Zurich. At the expiry of the period of holiday leave, you will automatically be sent a request to register for the semester. If you have any further questions regarding holiday leave, you can get in touch with the University of Zurich’s Administration Office.